email@example.com • 414.630.3754 • jessicawilde.org
NASA 360, Hampton, Va.
Video Producer, April 2017 – present
• Produce, shoot and edit award-winning creative online videos for the NASA 360 platform and other NASA clients
• Manage large-scale video projects within a team to ensure high impact and engagement with content on social media, including NASA’s Home & City website
• Produce live TV programming for large events, including both on-camera and behind-the-scenes work
Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, Va.
Media Manager II (Video Producer), Nov. 2014 – April 2017
• Produced, shot and edited award-winning creative video packages as a one-woman band to tell the EVMS story and raise its profile in the community; wrote accompanying articles for EVMS Magazine
• Managed video projects and their impact on social media channels, analyzing metrics and promoting engagement
• Winner of AAMC GIA Award for Excellence, PRSA Hampton Roads Pinnacle Awards and PR Daily’s Video Awards
The Daily Press, Newport News, Va.
Morning Newscast Anchor, Jan. 2014 – Feb. 2014
• Wrote, recorded and edited the morning newscasts for the Daily Press website
News21, Phoenix, Ariz.
Reporting Fellow, May 2013 – Aug. 2013
• Produced videos and articles on post-9/11 veterans that were published in the Washington Post and NBC News
Capital News Service, Annapolis, Md.
Environment, Health, Business Reporter, January 2013 – May 2013
• Wrote daily stories and produced videos for University of Maryland news service, serving state and national clients
Advanced Video Storytelling, College Park, Md.
Video Journalist, January 2013 – May 2013
• Shot natural sound packages for the University of Maryland’s pilot of ViewFinder, an award-winning video series
Voice of America, Washington, D.C.
English to Asia Intern, September 2012 – January 2013
• Produced, wrote and voiced radio, video and Web stories for international broadcasting service
Bourgeon Magazine, Washington, D.C.
Associate Editor for Literary Arts (Volunteer), June 2010 – April 2012
• Solicited, edited and published literary content for an online D.C.-based arts magazine
Kotz Associates, Washington, D.C.
Editorial/Research Assistant to authors Mary Lynn Kotz and Nick Kotz, August 2009 – April 2012
• Edited books, speeches and press materials; managed art lectures; prepared PowerPoint presentations
• Performed research and analysis for Pulitzer Prize winning journalist Nick Kotz’s upcoming book
• Coordinated projects and planned events on behalf of Mary Lynn Kotz with foundation boards
The American Scholar, Washington, D.C.
Editorial Assistant, January 2009 – August 2009
• Managed book reviews and the website using WordPress; selected, acquired and edited images for print and Web using Photoshop; proofread; wrote for the “Works in Progress” section and the monthly e-newsletter
EEI Communications, Alexandria, Va.
Production Proofreader, September 2008 – June 2009
• Proofread, performed quality control and copyedited, occasionally in Spanish
Science, Naturally! (Independent publisher), Washington, D.C.
Editor, October 2007 – June 2009
• Edited children’s science books, and books and pamphlets on maternal and child healthcare
Philip Merrill College of Journalism, University of Maryland College Park, Md.
Master’s in Multiplatform Journalism, Eleanor Merrill Fellow, Awarded May 2013
• Fellowship for graduate degree in video, photo and audio journalism, and news writing and reporting
George Washington University (GPA: 3.81 / 4.00), Washington, D.C.
Bachelor of Arts, English and Creative Writing, Minor: Spanish, Awarded May 2008
• Phi Beta Kappa Society and Summa Cum Laude
• Hassan Hussein prize for English and Creative Writing thesis in fiction
• Spanish to English interpreter for Steven Roberts in interviews for his book, From Every End of This Earth
Study Abroad, Cambridge, England
Cambridge University: Literature Buenos Aires, Argentina
Catholic University of Argentina: Literature in Spanish June 2006 – July 2007
American School of Madrid, Madrid, Spain
IB Diploma, High Honors, Cum Laude, National Honor Society October 2000 – June 2004
• Language: Spanish (Fluent)
• Publications: The Washington Post, The Daily Press, Tidewater Family, NBC News, The Center for Public Integrity, Philadelphia Inquirer, WTOP, The American Scholar, The Frederick News-Post, The Star Democrat, Southern Maryland Online, Greenbelt News Review, Capital Gazette, Patch.com
• Technology: Expert in Final Cut, Adobe Premiere, Soundtrack Pro, Adobe Audition, Microsoft Office suite and WordPress; Proficient in Photoshop and After Effects
• Style: Comfortable in AP, MLA and Chicago style guides